Texas Disposal Systems operates as the District’s solid waste and recycling provider
New trash and recycling services must be established in person with Crossroads Utility Services.
Trash Pickup Every Monday
- Items Collected Weekly:
- TDS 95 gallon trash bin plus 8 one way containers (boxes, leaf bags, trash bags) (one way containers must be less than 42 gallons and 50 lbs in max weight). Note: One way containers are items that will be taken and disposed of by TDS
- Bundled Brush in 4 foot sections with a diameter of less than 2 feet for each bundle. Bundled Brush Do’s and Don’ts Flyer.
- Special Cleanup Days:
- Bulk Item Curbside Cleanups: TDS will collect large bulk items curbside on a scheduled Saturday cleanup event – twice Annually (1 spring date and 1 fall date). For dates for the curbside events please look in the events page and/ or Facebook page.
- Leaf Bag Cleanup Events: TDS will collect more then 8 bags curbside for 4 Mondays during the leaf bag event – twice Annually (4 scheduled Mondays in Spring and 4 scheduled Mondays in Fall). For dates for the leaf bag events please look in the events page and/ or Facebook page.
- Bulk Items Outside of Cleanup Events
- Large bulk items or white goods can be scheduled directly with TDS at 844-873-7734 to be picked up by arrangement with TDS. This is helpful for leaf bags over 8 bags or specific large items. Residents must call ahead and secure a scheduled date with TDS prior to placing these items out to be collected. TDS will not normally collect furniture, couches, mattresses, tables, chairs, etc or white goods on a normal trash collection date without a schedule with the resident. Please call TDS ahead of time! “White Goods” are further described as follow: Appliances: Stoves, water tanks, washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, sinks, toilets, and like items. Refrigerators and air conditioners must have their freon removed by a certified technician and be properly tagged before they can be picked-up. The Contractor is not required to pick-up bathtubs, shower stalls and like items. Furniture: Couches, beds, mattresses, love seats, tables, chairs, TV’s, lamps, microwaves, etc. Tires shall not be accepted for collection as a bulky item from residential, without special preparation. All tires must be quartered or shredded prior to being accepted for regular collection or they will not be picked-up. Construction debris, dead animals, toxic or hazardous waste, batteries, stable matter, rubbish, rocks, dirt, concrete, ammunition, hot ashes, medical waste, auto parts, tires, special waste, stumps and any item containing CFC’s are not accepted as bulky items and will not be collected as part of normal residential service.
Texas Disposal Systems is an Austin-based trash and recycling provider to over 130 Austin area communities.
In August 2019, the North Austin MUD No. 1 Board of Directors approved a 5-year agreement with Texas Disposal Systems, Inc. (“TDS”) as the District’s new solid waste and recycling provider for North Austin MUD #1, replacing Round Rock Refuse/Central Texas Refuse.
Some of the highlights of the new contract with TDS are:
- Same trash and recycling scope (weekly trash pickup and once-every-two weeks recycling pickup on the same pickup day- Mondays).
- The District has increased the additional trash bag or bundle limit to 8 bags or bundles (up from 6 bags or bundles).
- Added 2 annual leaf bag cleanup months (4 weeks) in the Fall and Spring. During the cleanup weeks on a regular pickup, TDS will pick up all curbside leaf bags in excess of the 8 bag limit. Dates are determined each Fall and Spring. For an updated schedule, please visit our Facebook page.
- The District will continue to offer two Saturday bulk item cleanup days (one Fall to November and one Spring to March/April).
- TDS will offer residents individual bulk item “call-ahead” pickups of bulky waste items on a scheduled basis. Dates are determined each Fall and Spring. For an updated schedule, please visit our Facebook page.
- These new services at no additional monthly cost to the residents. Each new recycling cart will have a flyer attached with more information on what recyclables are accepted.
Read about all changes to trash & recycling services
Contact Texas Disposal Systems
Reach out to customer service or use their Waste
Wizard to see your customized collection calendar for trash, recycling, and green waste pickup, plus holiday scheduling and local disposal guidelines
September 20, 2021 At its September 20th Board meeting, the North Austin MUD No. 1 Board…
September 16, 2021 At its September 15th Board meeting, the North Austin MUD No. 1 Board…
July 12, 2021 At its June 16th Board meeting, the North Austin MUD No. 1 Board…