North Austin MUD No. 1 is a wholesale water and wastewater customer of the City of Austin.
New service must be established through Crossroads Utility Services. To establish service, sign and return the water/wastewater application.
Monthly Charge Breakdown
Water, Wastewater, and Trash Collection Services
|In-District Residential||In-District Commercial|
|Usage Fee Charge per Unit||$35.00
|Wastewater Usage Charge per Connection||Included
|Water Gallonage Charge||$4.65
|Wastewater Gallonage Charge||$6.40
Printable Copy of the Full Service Rate Order:
Wastewater Averaging Dates
November 12 – February 14
The District’s Rate Order states that bills for sewer service shall be computed:
If a residential customer does not have a history of water usage during the preceding December, January and February billing periods, the customer’s monthly sewer bill shall be calculated based upon:
- Winter months are used to calculate the sewer averaging because historically customers use less water this time of year.
- If the averaging months are unusually warm, and the majority of residents use larger than normal amounts of water the Board may elect to drop the highest month’s usage.
- Any resident filling a pool during the averaging months will be allowed to subtract the water used from the usage of the month the water was used. Requests for this must be made in writing to:
North Austin Municipal Utility
District No. 1
2601 Forest Creek Drive
Round Rock, TX 78665-1232
- Any resident with a houseline leak during the averaging months may request a reduction in sewer usage. This also must be in writing and have documentation as to the leak and work accomplished to repair the problem.
- Winter months are not the time to attempt to establish new lawns. Grass will not grow well, and the water used will not automatically be deducted from the sewer average.
- All requests for sewer average reductions will be reviewed before the March billing period.
Delinquent Account Policy
Accounts will be handled in the following manner:
- Bills are mailed out to residents around the 1st of the month.
- Payments are due back into Crossroads Utility Services Company offices by the 20th of the month.
- Pursuant to the District’s Rate Order, “if a bill remains delinquent for 15 days water service shall be discontinued.”
- If a resident’s water service is administratively disconnected for non-payment, his/her deposit must be established at the maximum amount required by the current rate order as set forth by the District’s Board of Directors.
Water service does not physically have to be disconnected. If payment is not in the District’s office on the date as set forth in the delinquent letter, the service is “administratively” disconnected.
Please be aware that this procedure is different from in the past in that it does not allow delinquent bills to be in arrears for 2 months.
North Austin MUD #1 is currently in Stage 1 Drought Water Use Restrictions. The following water restrictions are…
Black Canyon and Marrero – June 9, 2022 A planned water outage will be conducted on…
Leaf Bag Curbside Cleanup days begin Monday 3/28 for 4 weeks on Mondays. TDS will pick…